Today’s Horse Facts: The Andalusian
(All facts taken from the websites cited below)
Well, it’s been awhile since we had any ten-question True/False quiz about a certain breed of horse. We’re starting this year off with a kingly breed, the Andalusian.
What do you know about the Andalusian horse? I knew very little about this gorgeous breed except that it carries itself in a royal manner, with an arched neck and with fancy steps. H’m, I’m probably giving away too much information already about this beautiful horse. So let’s take our quiz and see what you know about this very special breed.
Here is your ten-question T/F quiz:
- The Andalusian originated in Russia.
- It’s also known as the Pure Spanish Horse.
- There are only 50,000 Andalusians in the world.
- As early as 450 BC, the Andalusians were known as war horses.
- Andalusians can only be black or white.
- The minimum height of a male must be 15.1 ½ hands at the withers.
- Andalusians are known for the feathered feet.
- This breed is considered the first dressage horse.
- This breed is very strong yet very agile.
- This breed has a calm, steady, and gentle personality.
Here are the answers to today’s horse facts quiz. Let’s see how you did:
- F It originated in the Iberian Peninsula in Spain.
- F As of 2010, there are over 185,000 registered worldwide.
- F They can be different colors, even rare colors like buckskin, cremello, and pearl.
- F They’re known for their long thick manes and thick tails.
How did you do with today’s quiz? Do you know all about Andalusians? Have you ever ridden one? Have you ever owned one? Wow! I’d love to just touch one! The closest I’ve ever come to touching one is having one featured on my fourth book in the Keystone Stables Series, SUMMER CAMP ADVENTURE. Have you read that book yet? I’m sure you’d enjoy it. There’s a spaghetti fight in the cafeteria!
To learn more about the breed, visit:
Next time we’ll take a ride on a Trakehner
P.S. Please visit me at www.marshahubler.com and