HORSE FACTS ABOUT HORSE FACTS: HOW SMART ARE YOU?
Okay, I think it’s time to see how much all of you really know about horses and your horse facts. Following is a matching game of horse terms. Let’s see how well you do.
Now don’t cheat. (Yes, looking them up in the dictionary is cheating! Look them up AFTER you do the match game.) The answer key will be in my next blog.
Are you ready to hit the dusty trail? Let’s go:
1. _____ Trot a. A female baby horse
2. _____ Dressage b. Usually gold with white mane and tail
3. _____ Mare c. Between a walk and canter
4. _____ Grade horse d. Two or three different colors
5. _____ Hackamore e. Above the shoulder & behind the mane
6. _____ Roan f. “Fancy” riding
7. _____ Foal g. Western competition
8. _____ Horn h. The fastest horse in a short distance
9. _____ Cinch i. A female horse old enough to breed
10. _____ Equestrian j. Stud
11. _____ Filly k. Wild horses on America’s plains
12. _____ Pinto l. Not registered
13. _____ Rodeo m. Tender part of the horse’s hoof
14. _____ Stallion n. Male horse that cannot breed
15. _____ Frog o. A bitless bridle
16. _____ Fetlock p. Part of the horse’s lower leg
17. _____ Arabian q. Smooth riding gait
18. _____ Bots r. Dark color with “sprinkled” white specks
19. _____ Colt s. Oldest horse breed
20. _____ Equine t. A male baby horse
21. _____ Tenn. Walker u. Baby horse, male or female
22. _____ Gelding v. Nasty insect eggs that stick to the horse’s coat
23. _____ Mustang w. Another name for horse
24. _____ Quarter x. “Knob” on a western saddle
25. _____ Withers y. A horse facts lover/rider
26. _____ Palomino z. Holds the saddle in place
If you get 100%, please email me and let me know. Go to my website and click on “CONTACT.” I’d like to know if we have any horse facts geniuses out there!
Happy guessing! Happy riding!